lily perfect pairings
At coco love, perfect pairings we create. Premium Teas and tasty treats, allow us to demonstrate.
Each tea is cupped for nuance and flavor, then paired with delectable dishes to savor!
lily fennel tea cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (we love Nielsen-Massey)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted after measuring
- 2 tsp ground fennel
- 1/2 tsp ground anise
- 3/4 tsp kosher or other coarse salt
- cream together butter and sugar in stand mixer with paddle attachment, aprox. 2 minutes or until light and fluffy
- add egg and vanilla, mix until combined
- separately, sift together dry ingredients
- slowly add dry ingredients to wet on low speed until just combined
- halve dough, shape into 2 logs, and freeze for 1 hour
- slice 1/4" rounds, space 1" apart on parchment-lined baking sheet, bake for 16 minutes, rotating once during baking
- let cool & enjoy with Lily Golden Oolong Tea
how to host a lily pairings party
One of our favorite ways to entertain is by hosting a pairings party. We sample our teas with many other foods to find fun and unique pairings. When done well, a pairing will elevate individual flavors into a harmonious choir.
Delicate teas, like our Lily Golden Oolong, require a delicate pairing. Here we've paired Contralto, a goat gouda from Andante Dairy, and dried apricots. While this particular cheese is exceptionally mild and creamy with just a hint of tang, any goat brie will do the trick . When in season, sub in fresh apricots or peaches. The floral notes in these fruits strike the same chord as the magnolia perfume of our oolong.
candy pairing with sugarfina
We. Love. Candy. Many of our favorites are from Sugarfina, a chic candy boutique and online shop. We value the same things: exceptional ingredients, gorgeously giftable packaging, and of course, great taste! The Rosé All Day Bears are perfect when paired with our Lily Golden Oolong Tea. Fruity notes linger on the palate, ending in a sweet finish. Sante!