olivia perfect pairings
At coco love, perfect pairings we create. Premium Teas and tasty treats, allow us to demonstrate.
Each tea is cupped for nuance and flavor, then paired with delectable dishes to savor!
olivia earl grey tea cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (we love Nielsen-Massey)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted after measuring
- 1 tbsp finely ground Earl Grey tea
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 3/4 tsp kosher or other coarse salt
- cream together butter and sugar in stand mixer with paddle attachment, aprox. 2 minutes or until light and fluffy
- add egg and vanilla, mix until combined
- separately, sift together dry ingredients
- slowly add dry ingredients to wet on low speed until just combined
- halve dough, shape into 2 logs, and freeze for 1 hour
- slice 1/4" rounds, space 1" apart on parchment-lined baking sheet, bake for 16 minutes, rotating once during baking
- let cool & enjoy with Olivia Caramel Black Tea
how to host an olivia pairings party
One of our favorite ways to entertain is by hosting a pairings party. We sample our teas with many other foods to find fun and unique pairings. When done well, a pairing will elevate individual flavors into a harmonious choir.
The inspiration behind this pairing is a caramel apple pie. Close your eyes and imagine smelling the delicious buttery crust, warm apples, and sweet caramel lingering in the air as your pie bakes in the oven. You can experience these flavors through this inventive pairing. Start by brewing our Olivia Caramel Black Tea. Her delicious aroma will fill the air with malty sweetness. Next, slice wedges of Cabot Cloth-bound Cheddar cheese, topping it with rich apple butter. Here we've used local favorite Tait Farm Foods Apple Butter. Our Olivia Earl Grey Tea Cookies provide just the right amount of sweet and savory with orange zest and smoky bergamot. The melody throughout this pairing is the caramel finish, sure to keep your guests coming back for seconds!
candy pairing with sugarfina
We. Love. Candy. Many of our favorites are from Sugarfina, a chic candy boutique and online shop. We value the same things: exceptional ingredients, gorgeously giftable packaging, and of course, great taste! The single-scoop gummy Ice Cream Cones melt in your mouth with a satisfyingly-smooth taste of berries atop vanilla waffle cone. Their creamy finish is the perfect pair for our malty and sweet Olivia Caramel Black Tea. Treat yourself to this delicious duo all year round!